*** Team Manager - NSPCC - Wiltshire ***
|Area||Hampshire, EnglandWiltshire, England|
|Sector||Qualified Social Workers Children|
|Salary||Up to £38 per hour|
The NSPCC, are leading the fight against child abuse in the UK and Channel Islands. As they believe that every childhood is worth fighting for, they're working harder than ever to protect children at risk, help children who have been abused to rebuild their lives, and find the best ways of preventing child abuse from ever happening.
Their ambitious strategy is designed to make this happen by enabling them to make 5 million children safer by 2021. To do this, they are focussing on five goals that are shared across all aspects of the NSPCC's work. They are designed to tackle the most important issues facing children and their families in the UK:
Goal 1: Prevent child abuse in families facing adversity
Goal 2: Prevent child sexual abuse
Goal 3: Help children speak out and adults take action about abuse
Goal 4: Help abused children get back on track
Goal 5: Make children safe from abuse online
They are looking for a temporary Team Manager to lead a team of operational staff within their service centre based in Tidsworth, ensuring the highest quality of delivery and expert evidence based services to children and families in line with the defined model of service and evaluation requirements. Provide line management and reflective supervision to ensure practice standards are maintained at all times. With the Service Manager, promote the work of the service centre both in the locality and the wider area of influence.
In this role you will be required to:
- Provide line management for all operational staff within the service centre including practitioners, volunteers and practice educators.
- Provide effective leadership to service centre staff and within the region / nation, particularly through periods of change.
- Ensure that staff understand their contribution to the NSPCC strategic objectives and their role and responsibility in relation to the Directorate's delivery model of providing evidence based services within a safeguarding context.
- Provide professional reflective supervision to operational staff to ensure the delivery of high quality evidence based services to children and families, this may include group supervision and practice observation.
- Hold case management accountability for all cases within the team from referral through to case closure, ensuring all safeguarding practice and case recording conforms to NSPCC practice standards and guidance, legislation and policy.
- Conduct annual performance reviews with operational staff, managing performance issues and identifying any learning development needs including the completion of mandatory training.
- Ensure services are delivered to the highest quality as outlined in the Children's Services practice guidance and associated policies and as defined by the specific model and evaluation requirements
- Contribute to the promotion of the service centre activities to external partners and NSPCC supporters.
- Champion the importance of children and young people's contribution in ways appropriate to their age and experience and to enable their active participation in the planning and evaluation of service delivery.
- Contribute to writing annual reports, business plans and other documentation as requested by the Service Manager.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in child protection/safeguarding and relevant legislation and guidance.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Caritas Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.