Manchester City Council aims to be an employer of choice. We recognise that an important element of this is the pay and benefits we offer to staff:
- A competitive salary - salaries are currently under review to ensure they are competitive to similar roles in our region
- Membership of the Greater Manchester Pension Fund (which offers a career average salary scheme)
- A 35-hour working week
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days after five years' service
- An Annual Leave Purchase Scheme, allowing you to buy up to five additional days leave via salary sacrifice
- A 'smarter working' policy - giving you access to mobile working technology and empowering you to manage your time effectively
- Essential car users allowance of up to £1,250 per annum (plus up to £0.52 per mile)
- Free parking for all social work staff at all locality offices
- A reward card offering a range of attractive discounts city-wide
- A lump sum of up to £9,230 in relocation support
- Access to a wide health and well-being offer (please click here to see further details)
There has never been a better time to join Manchester. Two years into our improvement plan, we have created a new, larger management structure which offers practitioners a wider range of career paths to suit their interests, capabilities and non-work lives.
Beyond this, with the recent announcement of devolution of powers to the Greater Manchester Authorities, and moves to integrate Heath and Social Care services across the Local Authorities and Health Trusts in the region, the opportunities to develop your career in Manchester in the years ahead are unparalleled.